Abrams’ Distractions – Resignation
Yet again, Stacey Abrams and her left-wing supporters are turning up the outrage machine to distract voters from Abrams’ tax scandal and decision to fund her campaign instead of paying her taxes. Citing “precedent,” Georgia Democrats are calling on Brian Kemp to resign his position as Secretary of State, but facts are stubborn things:
- In recent history, two Democrat Secretaries of State ran for governor and did not resign their position: Lewis Massey in 1998 and Cathy Cox in 2006.
- In an interview with GPB this year, former Democrat Secretary of State Cathy Cox laid out various reasons why Kemp should not resign. She said there’s “no requirement that the secretary of state would have to resign” in order to run for governor.
- Kemp ran for Secretary of State in 2010 and 2014 without any calls from Democrats to resign. Both elections were conducted in a fair, transparent, and accountable way. 2018 will be no different.
- The Secretary of State does NOT count ballots or directly administer any election. Local election boards (which are appointed or elected at the local level) administer and report election results.
- Liberals are calling on Kemp to resign now because they can’t justify Abrams’ tax scandal or radical agenda for Georgia.
“Stacey Abrams made $1 million dollars over the last five years, refused to pay $54,000 in back taxes, then loaned her campaign $50,000. To distract voters from her tax scandal, Democrats are lashing out with ridiculous accusations and dumb demands. Brian Kemp will serve out his term as Secretary of State and keep Georgia’s elections secure, accessible, and fair.” – Cody Hall, Kemp for Governor
Join the Fight to Put Hardworking Georgians First!
Legislative Leaders Support Kemp’s “Keep Georgia Students Safe” Plan
Legislative Leaders Support Kemp’s “Keep Georgia Students Safe” Plan Republican nominee for [...]
Keeping Georgia Students Safe
Keeping Georgia Students Safe Brian Kemp is a father, husband, and businessman with detailed plan [...]
ATLANTA SOCIALIST PARTY BACKS ABRAMS FOR GOVERNOR
For Immediate Release Tuesday, September 18, 2018 ATLANTA SOCIALIST PARTY BACKS ABRAMS F [...]
Read MoreView More News