Abrams’ Distractions – Voter Suppression
Stacey Abrams and her liberal Democrat friends are trying to distract from the fact she made $1 million dollars over the last five years, owes $54,000 to the IRS, yet loaned her campaign $50,000. They falsely claim that Secretary Kemp is an “architect of voter suppression” – but the facts tell another story:
- Thanks to Secretary Kemp’s innovative reforms, it’s easy to vote and hard to cheat in Georgia.
- Kemp implemented 24 hours a day, 365 days-a-year online voter registration in Georgia as Secretary of State – which Stacey Abrams voted against when she served in the state legislature.
- Voters can view their individual polling place, sample ballot, advance voting dates, and other election information online; again 24 hours a day, 365 days a year thanks to Kemp’s reforms at the Secretary of State's office.
- All voting and registration information listed above is also available on Kemp’s My Voter App and downloadable on any smart phone.
- Even if a voter can’t be present at the polls on Election Day, Georgia has no-excuse absentee voting which allows any Georgia voter the ability to request and send in an absentee ballot so their vote is counted on Election Day.
- Kemp started the Student Ambassador Program, which teaches students how to engage in voter registration. This program has grown to 1,500 schools and registration numbers among high school students 17.5 years-old and up is skyrocketing in Georgia.
- According to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution analysis, through 2016, minority voter registration increased by 23%, while white voter registration rose 15%.
- Secretary Kemp is required by state and federal law to conduct routine maintenance on the state’s voter rolls.
“Thanks to Brian Kemp, it’s easy to vote and hard to cheat. He implemented online voter registration so eligible Georgians can register at their convenience. During Kemp’s time as Secretary of State, minority participation climbed and youth registration skyrocketed. These baseless claims are simply a distraction from Stacey Abrams’ shady tax scandal.”
– Ryan Mahoney, campaign spokesperson
Join the Fight to Put Hardworking Georgians First!
Legislative Leaders Support Kemp’s “Keep Georgia Students Safe” Plan
Legislative Leaders Support Kemp’s “Keep Georgia Students Safe” Plan Republican nominee for [...]
Keeping Georgia Students Safe
Keeping Georgia Students Safe Brian Kemp is a father, husband, and businessman with detailed plan [...]
ATLANTA SOCIALIST PARTY BACKS ABRAMS FOR GOVERNOR
For Immediate Release Tuesday, September 18, 2018 ATLANTA SOCIALIST PARTY BACKS ABRAMS F [...]
Read MoreView More News